Another from Seattle (sort of)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've been vulching on diyAudio for the last couple years, and finally joined. It took a while, but I didn't think I'd have much to say 'till I'd actually built something. Weird, I know, but that's just me. :shy:

I said 'sort of' Seattle, since I'm in Granite Falls, but nobody knows where that is. (It's about 30 miles north.)

Anyway, as I write this, I'm listening to my second or third generation system - I built 2 tube amps and four sets of single-driver speakers in the last year, and have a third amp on the workbench - so I guess I'm completely hooked (or as my wife says - obsessed :rolleyes:). It's a pleasant diversion...

Bill

Hi,
I've been vulching on diyAudio for the last couple years, and finally joined. It took a while, but I didn't think I'd have much to say 'till I'd actually built something. Weird, I know, but that's just me. :shy:

I said 'sort of' Seattle, since I'm in Granite Falls, but nobody knows where that is. (It's about 30 miles north.)

Anyway, as I write this, I'm listening to my second or third generation system - I built 2 tube amps and four sets of single-driver speakers in the last year, and have a third amp on the workbench - so I guess I'm completely hooked (or as my wife says - obsessed :rolleyes:). It's a pleasant diversion...

Bill

Bill,

Isn't Granite Falls a suburb of Index? (or am I thinking of Sultan...:confused:)

It sounds like you're already off to a great start.
Welcome to diyAudio, you'll find that there's a lot of Cascadians around these forums.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Guess where I took this picture!

mt.pilchuck.jpg

There's not very many of those puny trees.....West Texas?

Best Regards,
TerryO

Hello Bill - and Welcome to diyAudio:D:D:D

You should take David up on his offer and cross the border for his next meet - usually around Aug. Don't get into any drinking contest as a couple of those guys are pro's :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

A couple??????????????

All those Canadians are like that!
I've tried to teach them civilized behavior and the finer points of decorum, but it seems hopeless. At one point, in desperation, I even brought Pastor Haskins with me to spread the good word and would you believe it, they even tempted him with their worldly behavior!

I must remain strong....

Best Regards,
Terry "The Bringer of Truth"

Joined 2006
Paid Member
A couple??????????????

All those Canadians are like that!

Best Regards,
Terry "The Bringer of Truth"

I was trying to be kind :rolleyes: Don't bother taking some weakass American beer up there - that will only serve to encourage them to introduce you to what "real" beer is all a'bouuut :D

BTW - US Custom's frowns upon people showing up stink'n sloshed at the border crossing. :drunk::rofl::rofl: At least they did when I was in the Navy down in San Diego :D

Last edited:
Oh ok,
I've been there, done that (drinkin' with the Canuks)....don't have to warn me about that - one of my best bros was from Surrey (past away a few years ago - dang).

I love the pic of Mt. Pilchuck too! It's what I wake up to every morning.

But thanks for the welcome, and (if I remember to renew my passport) I'll definitely come up for your shindig, Dave.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm one of them there dudes they be speakin' of. Don't you be listenin' to none of them. We are all good god fearin' boys that never let the evil hooch pass our lips.

Well, except at the odd wedding.

Ya, and occasional Saturday nights.

Oh, and when there's sports on the tellie.

And maybe at get togethers.

And sometimes after work.

But no other time! May god strike with a bolt 'o' lightnin' if I be lyin'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.