Greetings from another reformed lurker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.

This seems to be a fairly active sub-forum, so I'll jump in (possibly against my better judgement ;) ) to say "hi" and describe my status as a DYIer.

I'm a VERY amateur speaker builder, having put together a couple of kits over the years and muddled through a couple more poorly-planned custom projects.

Having learned the hard way that there is at least as much science as art to speaker design, I'm here to learn while I plan some new projects, including a pair of small (probably 4" midwoof + my preferred soft dome tweeter) speakers for use with my computer, and a set of 2 1/2 way main speakers recycling some old Focal 6 1/2" polyglass midwoofers that I love and have gone into a previous project.

I haven't had the opportunity in many years to hear any true high-end retail systems (the last really impressive system I heard involved the old Infinity IRS Gammas with whatever Mark Levinson amps were fashionable at the time, so yes it's been a loooooong time) but I have some fairly clear ideas of what I like and don't like. Hopefully I can pick the brains of the more experienced folks here in order to get an idea how to approach a DIY speaker that has the qualities I'm looking for.

Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this place; hopefully I'll find ways to contribute while I'm here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.