From a lurker to a member

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings all,
I've been a lurker here for a good while but now I think I'd like to dip my toe in the water (too cold in Philly right now for anything else!).
I am in the process of putting together my first higher-end system but have a number of components that I want to work on and was wondering if there are any members living in the Philly area that would care to show me some basic soldering techniqques, etc? I gather that it's much better to be taught rather than try and teach yourself via a YouTube video :)
My first project is a used Assemblage ST-40 vacuum tube amp that shouldbe arriving any day now and I have to rewire it from an 8 ohm tap to a 4 ohm. It seems simple and I have the manual but not the ability...

My next project will be removing a 60's vintage amp from my Dads old Grundig KS590 console stero and restoring it. It works at the moment but I think I have to re-cap it and perhaps re-wire it. MUCH more ambitious but why not?......

cheers,
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.