Hi All--New member intro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I just joined this forum :). I'm a regular over at Club Polk and was referred here with a query I had over there (which I'll start in a separate thread).

A brief background--I enjoy taking things apart and seeing how they work and perhaps improving on them when possible. The actual first time I dabbled in any electronics curiousity, would have been when as a child I took my Mom's 'Bell' telephone apart--yeah that was it :cool: I still remember it like it was last week--ha cool flashback there :eek:. I also recall back in '85 when I took my Atari 600XL apart to see how it ticked--did some basics mods to the floppy drive and such. My interest was peaked.

I was trained in basic electronics theory throughout High School and beyond. Most of my training focused on the basics and included a lot of individual component level theory and on to basic Computer Engineering theory. I finished schooling just about the time when the Windows 3.0 was released. My first jobs were in field service computer and printer repair, then onto working as a tech and tech manager at CompUSA for a number of years repairing various types of computer related equipment (printers, desktops, Macs, laptops, monitors, etc).

I really wish the resources of today (Internet, forums like this, and suppliers of parts-oh yeah and income;)) were available back in the day--I think my level of Electronics understanding would have been well more advanced than it turned out to be for me-I had potential :(.

Electronics is my hobby, but not my profession. I currently work in the field of computer and network security and Information Assurance. But I wear many hats so I get to dabble in many different technologies and practices. Lately audio has become my hobby and what better mix than the joy of music, an interest to tweak, and a background in electronics.:cool:

I never really dabbled in audio electronics much though except for some basic tweaking of CB radios and such in my teenage years, so in that respect I have much to learn. But I know the basics around AC/DC, Capacitors, Resistors, Transistors, schematics, etc. at least enough to be dangerous. :headshot:

I only just started looking around this forum in the past day, but so far it looks like a good community and I am looking forward to being a member.

:)
v/r
Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.