Just saying hello...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
<b>Hello everyone!</b>

Been reading threads for a while, and seen some really interesting stuff - so I thought I ought to join, and here I am :)

It's cool to see so many people from the UK, particularly as with non-local DIY websites, parts are often mentioned that one can only get in the US or wherever.

Hmm, this seems like a wasted post, but it's my first so what the heck! I look forward to exhanging ideas and knowledge etc...

-Simon

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Welcome to the board, Simon.

Apparently, you are already familiar with the board, so I guess you already know your way around. Look forward to seeing you on the threads.

Learning new things on an international board. Is that the flag for England alone, as opposed to the more familiar Union Jack for Britain as a whole?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Simon and welcome to diyAudio:)

I was born just round the corner from you in a little, (well 30 years ago), village called Drighlington, do you know it?

We have a very multinational community here, with people all over the globe, but mostly colonial types from Canada, US, and the Antipodes;)

Heh, I now realise the English flag (which it is btw) is not the norm here! I just told the drop-down selector where I was from! I guess people normally choose UK/Britain, but I thought I'd be more specific. :)

Pinkmouse, my geography is *truly* poor! I have not heard of Drighlington, sorry. I looked it up, I see it's around Leeds - I'm just a student here, so I don't know it too well. Sheffield is my home town really. I'll be leaving Leeds soon, I'm gonna miss the enthusiastic hi-fi shop workers who've helped me on my journey...
(I think I'm still near the beginning, my system only recently stopped making me whince all the time :eek: )

-Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.