Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

After my current pair of speakers started showing signs of old age (mechanical distortion of some sort during loud sections of concert band recordings) I decided that I had better start looking for a pair of replacements before these give out completely.

After looking at how much manufactured speakers are costing these days, I decided that I should try my own hand. I'll be getting components and then I'll start buying tools. If building from scratch doesn't work out I can always try to rebuild what I have. If that doesn't work out I can always buy manufactured (after I save up some more money), but that doesn't sound nearly as interesting.

I'm sure I'll be finding issues and questions as I go along (especially concerning crossovers/filters/pads/BSC). I hope to learn a lot and have fun.

A two way with an open baffle on top and an H-frame on the bottom is exactly what I'm planning on. I've got a pair of FE103's and a pair of Alpha-15A's and I've got the plywood butchered. Now I'm waiting for my "oh-so-cool" Jasper Jigs to arrive from PE. This project will take quite a while, since I'm buying what I can from paycheck to paycheck without draining my funds completely. If it works out half as well as other people have described it, I'll be sending a check to Mr. King so I can delve even more deeply into this art of DIY audio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.