Hi and brief intro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi y'all. I like the spiffy new setup and new categories.

I've been dabbling with audio since my Dad gave me a Philmore 3-tube regen radio kit at 11 years age. That led to building amps ranging from P-P 50C5/ 12AU7/ 12AX7 5WPC to fairly serious 6L6GT stereo amps in high school and college. After a brief stint in medical electronics, I worked as Service Manager in a chain of So.Cal. stereo shops, then joined a friend in a pro audio supply and custom equipment design shop. In 1977, I bought an Apple][ and got interested in small computers, which led to a move to silicon valley and digital hardware / software design. After stints at various startups and small companies, I wound up designing network hubs, switches, and routers for Compaq & IBM before retiring.

Every so often I get the itch to build some gear either to learn about some new technology or figure out whether some wild idea is worth pursuing. The latest projects are a set of 3 stereo LM4780 chip amps built on Peter Daniel's PCBs, which I really like. Next project is likely some speakers, perhaps a point source array, something I can't find much DIY info on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.