Greetings from Mississauga ON Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I found this site on a link from the Audiokarma site and it looked like just the place for me.

I am into tube audio and tuners although I made one exception and got a Heathkit AJ-1510A and made the many dozens of mods necessary to keep it alive and functional. (I haven't gotten to the mods for improving the audio yet, but that is coming.)

I have an H. H. Scott 340B that someone gave me, complete with walnut case for nothing. No money at all. I have another nice receiver, an AGS Trio that I got for $75.

I modified a Traynor YVM-66 guitar amp to use sweep tubes because EL-34's are getting way more pricey than they should be, and the amp looks kind of radical now with plate caps.

I have lost track of the number of radios, tuners and even amplifiers that I own.

I also collect antique radios going back to a 1925 Freshman Masterpiece and a Harkness Counterflex from the same year.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I do a whole lot of radio "restoration" work (which is mostly hot-rodding for better performance than the original).

I also do audio equipment. I have a couple of PA amplifiers with 6L6 outputs that I intend to turn into guitar amps for my daughter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.