Hello everyone from the Air Capitol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obviously new here, but not new to diy. Have been an underpaid electronic tech for most of my life, working for Brock Jabara at Superior Sound (Galaxy Audio) here from 1978 'till they sold out the "Sound" side in 1988 to concentrate on Galaxy, you know, anyone who's ever been around live music, they make the Hot Spot stage monitors, etc. Anyway, Brock taught me how to fix a blown amp...it was a churches lightning struck Crown D-150, been doin' it ever since. Lived with John McBride for a year or so before he got the gig with Garth Brooks and met Martina and moved to Nashville. Sure miss him, he's good folk. Kinda glad I didn't move out there with him, I'm sure he'd had me wiring up all the patch bays and panels in his studio(s) 'cause I made every damn snake and mic cord he had before he left. Check it out, Blackbird Studios, Nashville. A work of art. Anyway, did some live sound reinforcement (mixing) on and off over the years. Really enjoy it "live". Nothing better than watching the IOC lites on a Crown 5K flicker with the kick drum through 8 JBL 2241's. Gettin' too old for that stuff anymore, can't bend over to run a mic cord over to snake and plug it in. Also, can't read the little numbers on the XLR jacks in the dark bar anymore and can't afford a mini mag. Blew out my disc between L4 and L5 in 2005 and had to ebay all my stereo stuff just to get by, just now got my disablilty started, and my first purchase was a blown up Threshold S/500e for too much money at Audiogon. Should get it tomorrow and start tearing into it. He says the negitive rail fuse on the right channel keeps blowning. I guess we'll see how big a fuse he used before deciding he should sell it. Wish me luck. Might need to see if anyone has access to a schematic if I run into trouble with it. Oh, also just replaced the Martin Logans I had to sell with a used pair of Ascents, also Audiogon. Been a non-cone speaker guy since my first pair of Maggies back in the late '80's. Still have two pair of Dayton-Wright AXG-8's out in the garage with a tank half full of sulfer hexafloride to fill 'em with. I guess I should do the standard disclaimer here...no part of or connection with Audiogon whatsoever. Still looking for a good pre, used Audible Illusions or something on those lines. Very anxious to have a stereo again. I've been "jonesin'" for a while now. Anyway, hope to be an asset to this forum but I can see from reading around the posts there are a lot smarter people here than I am. Still, hope to be of some use. Steve

Hey SY, Andover is basicly a suburb of Wichita KS, which has as long as I've been here (52+ years) has been known as the "Air Capitol of the World" because of the number of aircraft builders that are located here. To name a few...Boeing (now Spirit Aircraft), Cessna, Lear, Hawker Beechcraft, and numerous small start ups and suppliers to the big four. Hence the Air Capitol of the World...until it all moves to Mexico or China.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.