Greetings :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyAudio forum members!

I have always enjoyed audio/video entertainment (especially music) and before these past few years, I never realized how much a quality setup can improve your experience. It started with the switch from standard definition video to HD, and then I began to see very large differences in the quality of audio equipment that people use. I now know that a quality setup can immensely improve your movie/music/gaming experience.

I am currently a Mechanical Engineering student at Penn State University, and as such, I have very few funds to support my newest hobby. Although I work on a limited budget, I have managed to acquire an HD projector and a 5.1 audio setup (all used or refurbished) that I am enjoying greatly. Unfortunately, when you buy used you often relinquish any hope of a warranty and when stuff breaks, you just eat it. That is part of the reason why I've decided to become a member and post (instead of just browsing). I've run into some annoying (and potentially expensive) issues with which the knowledgeable people on this forum might be familiar. (I won't post it here, but in another section). I have a tiny bit of experience with electronics, but I need some expert guidance to get started.

In addition to my aforementioned reason for posting, I love to learn how things work (I've been taking things apart out of curiosity for many years) and I look forward to (hopefully) gaining a greater understanding of many aspects of the audio/video world. There is so much that I wish to know, and with all of the possible directions to go it's hard to decide where to start! Anyway... hello, hello again! (off to post my issues at length)

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.