Hello from Discovery Bay, CA (1/2 way between Oakland and Stockton)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found and joined this board quite some time ago Googling various DIY projects. My electronics, speakers and cables are currently 100% store-bought, eBay, A'gon, the usual places. My rack was DIY'ed from extruded aluminum T-slot, maple butcher blocks and lots of spikes and I just completed some diffusion panels built with 2” mineral wool boards and burlap.

I plan to begin building several different DIY projects. The first in the pipe is a set of power cords. I’ve already ordered the materials and will post in the appropriate forums. Next will be a pair of Alpair 5 based ML-TL’s from Henkjan’s design. Then I’d like to tackle an amp project, gainclone, chipamp or T-amp. I’m not much of a woodworker but I have the tools: tablesaw; jointer; planer; router; orbital sander; etc. I have also never soldered anything other than sweating copper pipe.

I know my projects are all over the place but I have tons of ideas. My background is software engineering and my degree is a computer science / electrical engineering combo.

I wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for the plethora of information available on this site. I’m looking forward to contributing in the future.

Martin

Re: Re: Hello from Discovery Bay, CA (1/2 way between Oakland and Stockton)

SY said:
Delighted you're here.

Any chance you could post a photo of your equipment rack? I'm in the process of setting up in a new place and would rather build than buy the furniture portion.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

planet10 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I wasn't aware he had an ML-TL for these. I've got a set of his little tapered TLs.

dave

I've been doing a lot of reading and may have misspoke - I was referring to this design.

Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.