Greetings, what a great forum!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, everyone, what a great forum! I am here to contribute, when possible, and to learn. I have an EE degree but I haven't worked full time with electronics for about 20 years. I moved on to computer system engineering in the late 1980's and eventually into management.

Last year I moved into consulting and now have a little more time to devote to my hobbies which include electronics, RC model air planes, TV/Movie prop replica building, and music (guitar, banjo). I'm sure there are lots of members here with the same interests as mine as the posts a wealth of information and resources that apply.

I have been playing the guitar since the 1970's. I played in a fairly busy band in the late 70's and early 80's but I finally quit the band and moved exclusivly to acoustics through the 1980's and the 1990's only doing some small solo shows every once in a while. The travel and other aspects of the band thing wasn't something I enjoyed. I also got to the point where I wanted to play music that I liked rather than play mostly what other people like. :)

While I don't perform much now days, I am back playing electrics. Funny thing is, I have found that the perfect overdrive tone is the one I remember from the 1970's. That isn't an easy tone to find nowdays, especially at volume levels that the wife and neighbors will tolerate.

Currently, I am playing around with several guitar effects pedal circuits like overdrives and compressors and reading all I can about tubes and tube amp design. Like many people, I am seeking the tone in my head.

I'm looking forward to reading, posting, contributing, and learning along with everyone else here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.