newbie intro with a question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello,
I am a newbie. I stumbled onto this site through a link off of Elliot Sound Products web page. I am currently building some amps off of his web site for some home theator speaker I will build eventually. I have been reading threads for about two weeks and have become instantly hooked on the DIY Audio thing. I have a degree in electonics but don't have much experience with the analog stuff. Most schools pound on the digial stuff and not much on the analog. Anyway I had a question about some audio software. I was not sure where to post a thread on the subject. Couldn't find anything through a seach.

It's called Audio Tester and it uses your sound card for the measurements and it can also generate wave forms. I got it to measure THD and Frequency response, I not sure how to inter-face it with my computer (so I don't blow it up) properly. I was wonder if any of you experts had some experience with such software and could point me in the right direction or give some pointers?:nod:

Thank alot and I look forward to learning a lot from yall:cannotbe:

Blown_Fuse

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Welcome,

most sound cards are incredibly cheap (and nasty), so the tiny chance of damaging a card with software is negligible. Just give it a go.

However, you will need a proper (recording quality) soundcard for measurements. Try the "digital" section of this forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.