Hiya

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hiya guys....,
Im Vernon .... I have an electronics background but have only recently decided to build stuff related to audio. Going through all the posts on this site gave me a lot of insight into the subtleties and intricacies of building a good amp. This website has a wealth of information.

I've decided (finally) to build an amp using the LM3886. Mostly because the local electronics store had them in stock.( The place where i live is beautiful but isn't developed so getting parts sometimes can be a real pain....e.g. I couldnt find any torroids :bawling: ).

Anyways.... wish me luck.....
:D

VU meter

Hey Cal, Dave,
I found this old german set in my uncles junk pile. I tested the meters with a small cell and found that they were still working. How can i best add this to the amp im building i.e. what additional circuit would be required to drive it?

I would like the retro look it would bring to the amp, However i wouldn't want it to interfere with the functioning of the amp.

Thanks,
Vernon

Attachments

• vu meter.jpg
    vu meter.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.