intro...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, my name is Joshua. I've been studying speaker design since I was 17 (I'm 32). I'm extremely poor so I haven't been able to do much building, only a simple open baffle using a couple old school Alon (now Nolan) 5" paper mid run full range supplemented by a cheap sub for my parents. (very open sound, not really needing a tweeter so much, wish I could have built a proper woofer for it.) Also experimented with some cheap mid and tweeter domes and lightly modified some pioneer home theater speakers. I used to subscribe to Stereophile for many years and owned the Speaker Design Cookbook, played around with a lot of designs on paper and using freeware computer sim software, etc. Over the years I slowly gained more appreciation for open baffle full-range speakers as likely the overall best design for moderate sized living spaces at reasonable SPL.

Looks like an excellent discussion board, looking forward to many discussions and learning a lot more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.