Married w/kids audiophile on a very short leash!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm an American in Tokyo, married and raising seven kids in this city. Before I got married I was quite the audiophile, but my wife and kids found "better" things for me to spend time and money on . . . however, now my older kids are seriously interested in pursuing careers as musicians, so I have a semi-excuse to dabble with audio again. Right now I'm trying to fix the caps in an old solid state amp so we can have some decent sound around here. I posted on the Solid State forum (2003/04/17) about that, so if anyone cares to take a stab at helping me get the amp running nicely again, I'd be most grateful!

cdwitmer said:
Hi, I'm an American in Tokyo, married and raising seven kids in this city. Before I got married I was quite the audiophile, but my wife and kids found "better" things for me to spend time and money on

I have two kids and no leash at all, can't imagine with 7. Since I just finished doing my US taxes...you could probably double your salary in earned income credit (EIC). For all the diehard conservatives out there I am above elegibility for EIC. ;)

. . . however, now my older kids are seriously interested in pursuing careers as musicians, [/Quote]

Screw music! The chance for them to succeed and help you found your retirement are close to nill. They may as well get into philosophy, you'd have better chances playing the lottery. Instead, girls should get into modeling if good looking or into golfing if ugly. Boys are pretty much useless.;)

Anyways, welcome to diyaudio and have fun!

PS. post the actual link to the thread, it's a little easier.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here's the link to my inquiry in the Solid State Amplifier forum

Pinkmouse Al, yes, Japan is mighty expensive. My house is larger than average but still a bit tight for a family of nine. It's okay, though; we just take turns breathing. When we moved in here, there was just one child. Then I kept waking up mornings only to discover that there was yet another little baby. And of course they're so tiny that you hardly notice them at first. But they keep growing, and eventually start making all kinds of demands like "I want to eat a side of beef" and "I need piano lessons, and braces on my teeth." I've gotten so busy running on this treadmill that no new babies have shown up recently . . .

Nielsio, thanks for the hot tip on the 47 Labs stuff. I will definitely look into that.

Grataku, it's amazing how one can get used to seven kids. Sometimes my wife and I look at all seven and say to each other, "Is this all of them? It sure doesn't seem like many!" I like the idea about girls getting into modeling . . . maybe mine would stop eating so much! Maybe they could be musicans and models . . . . like Lara St. John, that classical violinist who plays while wearing only skimpy lingerie, or less. Hmmm . . . offset the cost of violin lessons by eating less and wearing less clothing . . . . we could be onto something here.

Re: Thanks for the warm welcome!

cdwitmer said:

. . . . like Lara St. John, that classical violinist who plays while wearing only skimpy lingerie, or less.

:eek:

goodness. well-tempered indeed.

Attachments

• b000003y32.01.lzzzzzzz.jpg
    b000003y32.01.lzzzzzzz.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 170
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.