Sorry, I neglected to introduce myself.
My name is Richard and I am a Website Designer and Fishery Manager from Herefordshire, UK. I have had a long-term interest in DIY audio projects since I was only 14 years old (and that was 23 years ago!)
I've built 4 Audio Amplifiers since then, my last effort was based on a 150W MOSFET Amplifier Module from Maplin Electronics in 1996. I've taken a break since then and have not created anything.
Here are a couple of pictures:
Sorry for the rather large image sizes!
The amp is looking a bit old now and looking at the Schematic here: http://www.cpemma.co.uk/map_100w.html I can see that over time the 3 watt 4R7 (R15) on both modules has overheated and almost melted completely!
This has resulted in a slow oscillation in the volume from each channel. Quite annoying, even though the sound quality has not deteriorated noticeably!
So I decided to start afresh and I am planning a new Amplifier based on:
Case: http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/cat072_l2.php?n=1 (Last one in the list)
PSU: http://connexelectronic.com/product_...dhhve22ite7kp6 (Upgraded to 18mF ELNA caps)
AMP Module: http://connexelectronic.com/product_...4npao36e3fh2g7
This latest project should be completed within the next 3 months (I am quite busy atm!) and I'll let you all know what I think of the sound.
Hello Rich and welcome to the forums
Hi Rich - and Welcome to diyAudio! :D :D :D
Wish I had a $$$ for all of the toasty resistors I've replaced! Looks as if you discovered those toasted ones just before flame-out! ;)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2015 diyAudio