hello from finland

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, my name is Hannes.

i found this site when i was searching for diy plans for some speaker boxes.

i have some wierd speakers in my posession. they come from a school pa system and they look old. i have 10 of the same.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome to the forum,

Those are Philips alnico FRs . The attached transformer is an impedance matching transformer (today it would be 70V). The trafos are likely not much use, but the speakers are worth playing with. They are likely hi Q, so an open baffle would be the 1st suggestion for loading, with 10 you could do a 1.5-way or a 2-way system with 1 as FR (or midtweeter) and the over 4 to help down low,

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.