G'day from Japan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fell in love with music again after acquiring a half-decent Pioneer component system when I bought an old farm house here in Japan. Research into what I had led me to forums and on a non-stop hi-fi learning journey. Built a dedicated audio room and am currently studying what it takes to be a speaker-geek.
Best wishes to all!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
G'day Spectrum77 - and Welcome to diyAudio! :D

Last week I couldn't even spell speaker geek - now I are one! :rolleyes:
I would venture a guess that David (AKA Planet 10) and his beer drinking championship shed demolition crew will be checking in soon. Those kids are some serious speaker geeks! :clown:

Thanks for the welcome.
Systems:
A) Dual 701/Shure V15III/Jico SAS - Yaqin MS12B - Yaqin 100B - DIY HPM-100 woofer+JBLwaveguide/Selenium driver
B) Yamaha D51 ATcart - Yamaha CA1000III - Yamaha M80 - Yamaha NS-1000M
C) Pioneer pre C-73 - Pioneer M25 - Pioneer HPM-100
All these subject to change at any time!
The voicing of speakers facinates me. The technical stuff confuses me. Currently endeavouring to create a balance between these two states- a ton of reading to do. Absorping forum members' real-life experiences is (ATM) far more enjoyable a study approach than (e.g.) pouring over The Speaker Cookbook, however I'm starting to move in the published literature direction.
Current idea is to mate Yamaha NS-1000 woofers in original or homebrew cabs with the waveguide driver listed above. First impressions, without any crossover changes were very 'pleasing'. Wish me luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.