Hello from Italy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to DIY people;

i'm Luciano, from Milan, Italy.

I'm 38 and I'm an electronical engeneer; I've been able to transform my juvenile hobby into my job!

I design mostly digital devices (our world is going to be fully microcontrolled...), but analogue electronic is my true passion.

What else to say? There are so many interesting threads here... It's almost difficult to choose where to start to read!

Thanks for your attention

cheers

Luciano

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Luciano - and Welcome to diyAudio! :D

Andypairo is from near you! (You can look him up in the members list)

"It's almost difficult to choose where to start to read!" Tip - a good pair of speakers (or headphones) will allow you to hear the improvements (well - hopefully improvements) that you make in the rest of your system. Many things depend on what your taste in music is and at what volume levels you like to play at. For example - you could dive into an amplifier project and build a very good amp - but without good speakers you most likely would not be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Take a look at this web site to get some ideas as to putting together a very nice system for not so much Euro's ;) http://www.lampizator.eu/

Hello,

thanks to you all for the kind replies and the tips.

I unfortunately don't play any instrument; I'd like and a lot of time ago I started with piano, but I soon decided that music didn't deserve a player like me, so, for the sadness of my parent but for the joy of my neighbors, I gave up everything.

Yes, I have a HiFi system; I built myself the pre
(valves) and the amplifier (it too with valves, a small SE of EL34, with custom made transformers). I'm also building a pair of speakers; I started long time ago and I finished the low band part (they have a strange shape); I'hope I'll soon find the time, the will (and the money too) to finish them.
I also designed a BJT amplifier; it's all ready on the paper (calculations, simulations, everything), I started to collect the components but I have to choose the case and to make the PCBs. Time is never enough...

I hope to be here again soon in the future to report my improvement and the status of my works. In the meantime I'll check the previuos threads to find out your preciuos tips.

Thanks again
cheers

Luciano

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.