Self intro.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I am in Sussex UK. I've joined the DIY forums because now that I'm retired my wife tells me I can't afford to keep buying new boxes for my HiFi. So I've decided I'll have to try a bit of DIY to so that my hobby doesn't come to a full stop.

I don't have much in the way of electronics know how but I have made a start with a decent kit power supply for my Naim Nac 102. A bit like painting by numbers though.

I'm expecting a Rotel RQ970BX Phono stage that has some parts of the 1994 upgrade (designed by HiFi world's Andy Grove) completed. I'll need to improve my soldering before working on the PCB though.
If anyone knows about this upgrade they might like to let me know if the components regarded as best choice for the upgrade in 1994 are still best now.

Cheers all

Canidoit

My Intro

Thanks for the welcome Guys.

I agree with you Charles, and as we use to say when I worked, "You don't have to know everything to be a good engineer - but it helps if you know where to look it up."

So, I'm grateful Thomas, for the soldering help so early in my forum membership. I'll certainly look that up.

I now intend to lurk for a while to see what else I can find.

Please don't stop helping!

Trevor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.