Hello from Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, we are all very happy here with 5th World Junior Hockey Championship in a row! What a great display of hockey by all teams! :D

We look forward to hosting the 2010 Winter Olympic Games!

My daughter attended the Olympic Games this past August in Beijing. She excels in Rythmic Gymnastics and was chosen as the Youth Ambassador of Sports to represent Canada!

Well, I have to go pcik her up now at the gym so by for now

Dave (Tallman)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello Dave and welcome to the forums.

Tallman said:
Well, we are all very happy here with 5th World Junior Hockey Championship in a row! What a great display of hockey by all teams!

Yes, another thing of beauty from our young lads. Too bad we missed the Spengler cup.

We look forward to hosting the 2010 Winter Olympic Games![/B]

Um, I thought WE were hosting the games. :)

I understand you know Chris (anatech) rather well from the past. He is a moderator here and one of the most helpful guys around.

Glad to have you on board.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dave,
I think you'll find way too many interesting things and people here. You'll be lost into your computer as you find old threads chock full of great information. Family and friends will send out search parties ....

Cal is our official greeter and absolutely loves to be buried in snow out there in BC. ;) Well, okay, but he is Canadian!

Enjoy poking around here Dave, most everyone is very helpful.

-Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
planet10 said:
Welcome to the forum Dave

(4 maple leafs in a row now :))

dave

Hi Dave T. - and Welcome to diyAudio!! :D Now we can add a USA to the flag list :clown:

Many things of interest to read a learn here - but be careful of those guys that want to paint a bunch of dots and dashes all over your speaker cones - then your speaker baffles - then the speaker frames - etc. etc. etc. I'm thinking of putting dots and dashes on my ears and bypass having to do all the other things!! :eek:

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I will not be doing anything to my speakers other than cleaning them and loving them...my ears are not what they usd to be and drumming in a Floyd Tribute has not helped :bigeyes:! I've pretty well destroyed my chances of anything +12kHz.

As for the 2010 Games, I mean "we" as in Canadians...doobies and all. I assume the mushrooms will be buried in snow for the games so there goes my idea for a Canadian sweep :hypno2: ...I sure miss that Jamaican bobsled team...perhaps a Mexican hockey team or Argentinian figure skaters will show up? :joker:

I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting. Please let me know if you need help.

Cheers,

Dave

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tallman said:

I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting. Please let me know if you need help.

Cheers,
Dave

2000 KW generators?! :bigeyes:
You need to post that info over on the Pass Labs Thread - those kids burn thru bunches of them electron thingies!! :rofl:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dave,
I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting.
I was going to ask. Now I guess we can only discuss particulars. Still with the same company?

I may need help. Honest. Anyone who has seen my basement will agree!

-Chris

Tallman said:

Cheers,

Dave

Thermographic scanning !! :)

That is very interesting... any knowledge of where to get a low infrared ccd and the plans to made an low tech low cost diy Thermographic camera ?

Thank

Gaetan

I am owner & operator of Permanent Waves Inc. We currently have 6 employees. We specialize in UPS, batteries, power quality, generators and automatic transfer switches. We are in our fourth year of business and things could not be better! I was a Senior Field Engineer with Liebert for 15 years. We are also partnered up with an engineering company that specializes in computer room design. I subcontract out the IR scanning and a portion of the generator work (rather get my hands dirty on my drag car).

The camera used by our contractor is $80k. It looks real slick but I'm told the trick is having the experience and training to decipher the results...I have no idea how it works. The older ones used Nitrogen as the baseline...quite interesting but not something I'd like to mess around with.

Cheers,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.