Hello from Canada - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2009, 03:43 PM   #21
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hey Jim,
Is that a '66 Cutlass? Does it have that wonderful trailing arm suspension with coils?

I had a '67 that ran 12.5s on regular fuel and +104 boost. Scary on the road, but loads of fun mixed with terror. Launches out of the hole as it hooks with authority.

-Chris

Edit: Could be a dynamic 88? Heavier. It's hard to tell from the small picture there.
Old 12th January 2009, 03:46 PM   #22
diyAudio Moderator

Hey Dave,
Quote:
I am owner & operator of Permanent Waves Inc. We currently have 6 employees.
Right on! Congratulations!
Now you know what being responsible for other people is like, but your business has a much better profit structure than anything I did. You have my best wishes and full support if I can help in any way.

Way to go Dave!!

-Chris
Old 12th January 2009, 04:07 PM   #23
Tallman is offline Tallman  Canada
diyAudio Member

I remember your Cutlass Chris. What a rod. Those 350/455 Rockets are nuts too...can't get our '73 455R in the Delt88 to run too well on today's crappy fuel...it loves the Edelbrock tho.

I'd say Jim's car is a little more "historic" than '66...looks like a beast from the late 50's? Rare is great...there's very few of my MM's around as well...especially with just 45Kmiles and running 13's...

How can I post my bragging pics up?

Dave
Old 12th January 2009, 04:28 PM   #24
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Dave,
Quote:
I remember your Cutlass Chris.
No you don't. That was a 1982 Cutlass Calais with a 305. 350 Cam and lifters solved my 305 issues and made it more lively on the highway. My 1967 Cutlass was gone by the time I met you. Grey with black interior and vinyl top. You would have loved the '67. It looked great with the '75 rims, colour matched. Nothing else visible, sleeper supreme. Only a pair of large 2" (or 2.5"?) tailpipes, not fancy. Getting the headers in was an incredible pain in the - you know.

The engine was built by Northern Performance. 12.5:1 compression ratio and a lot of other hardware. Roller chain + much more. Stupid power, approx 450 real horsies. Not the imaginary ones people talk about. Idling rattled the dishes in the back of the house, forget car audio in that one. The original engine was a 350 that came out of an oval track car, then it was done over. It was amazing which made up for the fact that it was hard to start, even with the heat shield on the starter. I was 18.

Quote:
How can I post my bragging pics up?
Either host them on a server and use the "IMG" button to link to them. You can also attach a file from your hard drive and upload it. You then have size restrictions and a one pic per post limitation.

Let's see your ride! Clear shots of the engine compartment?

-Chris
Old 12th January 2009, 07:36 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

That '67 brings back memories Chris. Now I remember you talking about it rather than seeing it...you're probably lucky to be alive with only 18 years of age experience (or lack of).

I don't have engine picks yet (covered up and buried) but here's a shot of my 502CID boat engine...it's in my 25' Fountain. Yes, it's REAL LOUD! Those SS headers were also fun to install but the $9200 bill for them still gives me the twitches. BTW, it makes around 460BHP (yes, SAE)!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture072.jpg (74.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 12th January 2009, 07:41 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Here's a picture of my baby on the driveway...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg mm.jpeg (66.8 KB, 112 views)
Old 12th January 2009, 07:45 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Check out this setup for listening pleasure...

I believe they are the Alpha model back in the early 80's...List was $90,000 for these!!!

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tune room.jpg (62.4 KB, 115 views)
Old 12th January 2009, 08:09 PM   #28
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Dave,
Nice! I'll bet that makes nice music to my ears. Remember when that kind of rumble was a good sound?

-Chris
Old 12th January 2009, 08:18 PM   #29
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Dave,
How did you stiffen the suspension up on this car? They are famous for extreme wobble and wallow. From what I recall, you like your ride stiff when performance is the goal.

Quote:
I believe they are the Alpha model back in the early 80's...List was $90,000 for these!!!
Well, you are aware that cost sometimes has little to do with sound quality. These could go either way. At least the room is large enough to support some serious bass. Might be a little live though. Have you heard this system? It is a lovely room, one I wouldn't mind having at all. The other thing I can't help noticing is how lonely the fella is in the picture. A sofa and more chairs might be nice. Books along the walls and a small bar. Just sip on something, read and enjoy the tunes. Sounds like bliss to me.

Sorry, so much time in the audio industry has made me immune to list prices. It seems like too much work to justify the high dollars once you're above a certain price.

You look like your toys rightfully keep you busy Dave. At least you're never bored!

-Chris
Old 12th January 2009, 08:39 PM   #30
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallman
Check out this setup for listening pleasure...

Infinity RS-1?

Hide this!Advertise here!