Hello from Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
anatech said:
Hi Jim,

Hey Jim! Your motor is still using the original mount locations, but with racing mounts? (mine broke - the racing ones) Most of the cars with your times have had solid mounts up higher along the front of the block.

anatech said:

Hey, do you know what Buick stands for? :angel:

Big Uugly Indestructible Car Killer.

-Chris
:smash: :smash: :smash:
my daily driver is a buick

Chris, I use stock rubber mounts with a limiting strut on the drivers side.

jim

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jim,
I use stock rubber mounts with a limiting strut on the drivers side.
I'll be it goes BANG when you punch it. Good idea though, broken motor mounts are no fun when they let go under power. The ones I used were for racing use, but they still let go. I didn't want to use the solid bracket due to all the shaking and rocking the car does.

my daily driver is a buick
"B" body or other?

The suspension on my Roadmaster was much stiffer than the Caprice I had previously. It was a nice surprise. The white on black gages were also easy to read, compared to the orange ones that were popular at the time. Neither car wallowed, something I can't forgive in a car.

-Chris

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Jim,

I'll be it goes BANG when you punch it. Good idea though, broken motor mounts are no fun when they let go under power. The ones I used were for racing use, but they still let go. I didn't want to use the solid bracket due to all the shaking and rocking the car does.
[/QUOTE]

Makes ugly dents in the hood :hot:

"B" body or other?

The suspension on my Roadmaster was much stiffer than the Caprice I had previously. It was a nice surprise. The white on black gages were also easy to read, compared to the orange ones that were popular at the time. Neither car wallowed, something I can't forgive in a car.

-Chris

'03 LeSabre, does'nt handle very good and wallows a lot. otoh i am officialy an old guy now so i drive slower.

jim

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jim,
'92 Roadmaster with most of the toys. The Caprice was a '91 ? It's hard to remember. That was an excellent car as well.

'03 LeSabre, does'nt handle very good and wallows a lot.
Suspension options. Many Buicks I've driven owned by others were pretty soft riding, but not that uncontrolled motion that some other cars get. They never stop moving.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dave's cars. Also his boat, but in the summer!

-Chris

Edit: Jim, I fixed up your "quote" tags

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.