Hello from Canada - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th January 2009, 11:19 PM   #11
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Geez you guys are smothering him with love. Give him a chance to breathe will ya?
Old 7th January 2009, 11:21 PM   #12
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anatech
Hi c2cthomas,

So, you are going to EnAble your ears then?
And the couch - the windows - the doorway - ------ the wife (oops - better not try that). hmmm - on the other hand she might get a bit of a kick out of the process if I used paint that would wash off!
Old 7th January 2009, 11:45 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hello

Welcome to the forum Dave

Gaetan

From the mountains of Quebec provinces.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:30 AM   #14
Tallman is offline Tallman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I will not be doing anything to my speakers other than cleaning them and loving them...my ears are not what they usd to be and drumming in a Floyd Tribute has not helped ! I've pretty well destroyed my chances of anything +12kHz.

As for the 2010 Games, I mean "we" as in Canadians...doobies and all. I assume the mushrooms will be buried in snow for the games so there goes my idea for a Canadian sweep ...I sure miss that Jamaican bobsled team...perhaps a Mexican hockey team or Argentinian figure skaters will show up?

I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting. Please let me know if you need help.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 8th January 2009, 01:14 AM   #15
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tallman

I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting. Please let me know if you need help.

Cheers,
Dave
2000 KW generators?!
You need to post that info over on the Pass Labs Thread - those kids burn thru bunches of them electron thingies!!
Old 8th January 2009, 03:01 AM   #16
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Dave,
Quote:
I should probably mention I service and sell UPS systems, batteries, Generators, ATS and related equipment from 250VA to 2000 KW along with Thermographic scanning and electrical contracting.
I was going to ask. Now I guess we can only discuss particulars. Still with the same company?

I may need help. Honest. Anyone who has seen my basement will agree!

-Chris
Old 8th January 2009, 03:11 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Cheers,

Dave

Thermographic scanning !!

That is very interesting... any knowledge of where to get a low infrared ccd and the plans to made an low tech low cost diy Thermographic camera ?

Thank

Gaetan
Old 12th January 2009, 12:28 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I am owner & operator of Permanent Waves Inc. We currently have 6 employees. We specialize in UPS, batteries, power quality, generators and automatic transfer switches. We are in our fourth year of business and things could not be better! I was a Senior Field Engineer with Liebert for 15 years. We are also partnered up with an engineering company that specializes in computer room design. I subcontract out the IR scanning and a portion of the generator work (rather get my hands dirty on my drag car).

The camera used by our contractor is $80k. It looks real slick but I'm told the trick is having the experience and training to decipher the results...I have no idea how it works. The older ones used Nitrogen as the baseline...quite interesting but not something I'd like to mess around with.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 12th January 2009, 01:30 PM   #19
max426 is offline max426  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
........... (rather get my hands dirty on my drag car).

Cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave, Welcome fellow drag racer.
What do you run?

Jim
Old 12th January 2009, 01:37 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What do you run?
I run a N/A 2003 Mercury Marauder...although she is sleeping nestled in the garage till Spring.

These cars are rare and the 4.6 4 Valve Intertech is loads of fun to play with on te Dyno.

What about yourself?

Hide this!Advertise here!