Hello from mid-west USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all on the forum, have looked around the forum some. Have liked what I've seen so far.

About me, I have some electronics back ground, 7 years at hybrid manufacturing facility as a tech, then seven years as a production technician at a TV factory. Recently had gotten away from the electronics scene, but now I am back again building some circuits at home.

My latest project is a low power portable electric guitar amplifier. Have made some decent progress with building the circuit on a breadboard. The idle current with no signal is a bit less than 10mA. Max current with audio input is around 70mA. Am powering with 6 AA batteries so far. Changing current into audio, have a speaker about 2 inch. out of a busted speaker cabinet, you know what happens when those cheap plastic things fall off your TV :smash: . Being the pack-rat that I am, such items get saved for future projects of course.

So now am getting ready for the hard part, transfer of parts onto a perf-board. I spotted that a diode in my bias divider was not a regular diode, it was a zener-diode. So now am going to have to check into what differences this makes on my voltage drops.

Have any of you, ever had parts get mixed up in projects before ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.