Learnt a lot! Time for an introduction...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

After perusing this forum for many months and learning much in the process - about DIY as well as human behavior - I decided it is time to introduce myself. I'm Ron, I work at sea so I only exercise this hobby of ours a few months a year. I am currently working (and have been for a year) on a SS Amp, CD player and a pair of ESLs. I've attached a photograph, at least I hope I have, of my CD player in progress...

Nice to meet you all over the past year or so... thanks for all the wonderful insight!

Ron

Attachments

• cd overview compressed.jpg
    cd overview compressed.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 82
Since the first attachment worked... here's a frontal view of the CD player. The Amp will have the exact same look. The material used for the fronts and bottom is called "Kashmir Gold" Granite.

The remaining front, back and top will be constructed when I get back home... celebrating the holidays in the Caribbean... in February.

Attachments

• cd front compressed.jpg
    cd front compressed.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 78
Thanks Cal & Dave

Dave,

Your Frugal Horns brought me to this forum!

I'm originally a tube-amplifier and single driver loudspeaker builder and still have a couple of Fostex FE108Sigmas in the cupboard. I've admired the Frugal Horns but have no (floor) space in my current apartment. A pair of "Onken" or "Solo" like enclosures would work I suppose...?

The SS Amp and the reason I temporarily moved away from tubes has everything to do with my desire to re-create a pair of ESLs I built in the early 90's. It's difficult to match tube design with ESLs, especially the home-made variety. With a bit of wood, metal and granite work I hope to be done in April.

After that it's back to a KT88 Single Ended design and the before mentioned Fostex drivers... All in all it leaves very few forum topics un-touched and/or un-read. I'm definitely in the "right place".

So, thanks again for the warm welcome!

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.