Hi everyone. Assistance required for DIY Audio beginner!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

I appreciate this is a forum for people who really do know what they are doing, but I hope you have a time to help someone who doesn't!

I want to build an amp to play an ipod or similar over speakers ceiling mounted in my bathroom.

I have ordered one of Arjens TA2020 boards and I have asked him for advice, but I appreciate he is very busy and may not have time to answer my (many) questions!

If you could point me in the right direction of people who don't mind being harassed by newbies I'd be most appreciative!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi chase1 - Welcome to diyAudio :D
This site should be of some help in covering the basics. http://www.bcae1.com/

BTW - my standard warning to newbees is ------- RUN!!! Get out of here before you find yourself becoming seriously addicted to this hobby!! For example - you start off getting your amp built and the speakers mounted and say - wellllll - that's pretty good - but what if I were to try a bigger amp - or more speakers? The next thing you know you will wind up knocking out the walls of the bath room so you have enough space for for a 7.1 surround system with a big screen TV and Open Baffle speakers!!!! AND THAT'S JUST THE BATH ROOM!!!! :clown:

Hi and welcome.

I have some info on T-amps on my website, and if you look in the Class D forums you will undoubably find a lot more usefull tidbits.

Class-D amps can sound stunning, I have been playing with the TA2024 based boards from Sure recently and am very suprised and delighted with the quality.

Feel free to get in touch and if i can I am happy to share the rudimentary knowledge that I have built up.

Regards

JB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.