Hey Everybody

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I find these forums helpful. Thank you all for posting so much interesting stuff.

I am an electrical engineer. Early in my career (mid-80's) I built a TMS320 based sonar signal processing card for the PC (I developed on a Compaq sewing-machine, if you know what that was.). My boss at that time was a real gear-head and he helped me through the process until we had an adapter card. One day, he walked into my office and said, "Tyler, we want you to write the software for this thing now. Have you heard of Windows?" :bigeyes:

Well... I am sure many of you had the same experience. Once I descended into Windows, it took me a couple decades to get out! But hey, it wasn't all bad. I spent many years kicking around software companies and made a living for my wife and myself.

Anyway... I have recently gone back to my root. I must say, I missed the smell of cooked capacitors. hehe. I have been kicking a class-d chipamp from TI (the TAS5142) around in my home office for a couple of years now. My motivation in joining this board is to start making something with it and pick up some pointers.

Well... here goes...
Tyler.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
lineup said:

Problems solved? Here?

:bawling: once you have modificated your stuff and got way with one problem
:eek: you will soon find 2 or 3 new even worse problems poppin up
... which can not be solved

Getting help with problems is a bit similar to when the Gang from the budgeting department show up at engineering and state that "we are here to help you out"!! (and visa versa)

Technical staff gettin Budgeting staff to 'help'
:D
yeah, it is the same.

Even Nelson Pass at Pass Labs Inc. has had some stories about this.
Many times this marketing people have other criterias, what is a good Pass amp.

Nightmare would be to have marketing/budget people to design the amplifier
and let the electronics Engineering staff to handle economy.

What a disaster :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.