Hello to all at the diyAudio forum - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2008, 09:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hello to all at the diyAudio forum

Hi to all,

I understand that I need to post a few messages before I can become a fully active member of this forum. So, here is my first message, which also serves the purpose of introducing myself.

I am a retired person with electrical and electronic engineering background. I am new not only to this forum but also to the audio engineering field. This is why I said "Newly Born Again" for my biography entry.

The last time I was interested in 'audio' was when transistors were just becoming available to replace vacuum tubes. That was when I was a keen teenager with a study-bedroom turned into a disco for Elvis, then Beatles, then Soul ... but at some point in time I had to start earning my own living.

So, I missed out all the developments that has taken place in the audio engineering field during the past 40-50 years.

I became interested in 'audio' again only about a year or so ago. Hence, my main purpose in joining this forum is to learn from all colleagues actively participating in or contributing to this forum.

Best regards to all,

Inventor

P.S.

I got stuck with this name at the stage of registration to this forum. Changing the name would probably involve some kind of de-registration and then registration again under a different name. I mean, I haven't come up with any inventions as yet in the audio field. But, who knows ... (wishful thinking, smile).
Old 25th August 2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums. If you would like to change your name, email me and I will pass it on to the webmaster.
Old 25th August 2008, 08:23 PM   #3
manu27 is offline manu27  France
diyAudio Member

Welcome inventor !

Same as you, I need to post a few messages before I can become a fully active member of this forum. This is also a very good opportunity for me to improve my English, that is not native language.
I wish sometime I could be a retired person too, have some free time instead of going at work every day. But this will come later for me, maybe .
My work is electrical and electronic engineering. Iím very interested about audio engineering since I was 15 years old. I stop some periods ( My wife sometime think that Iím crazy to build more sound systems that I can use at the time ). But I could never stop, and Iím Back at this moment. "Newly Born Again" too.

Hi Cal Weldon !

Thank you to be so patient ( I guess you have seen that I was not patient at all ! )

I wish I could listen to your ( very ! ) big system . But I donít plan to go to Canada yet.
This is quite frustrating !

My question at present is How to share audio system pictures in this forum ?

Best regards .

Manu27.
Old 25th August 2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Manu,

A number of the sections have a permanent areas for posting pics of your systems. Click the browse button at the bottom of the post window.

Hide this!Advertise here!