|Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th August 2008, 07:01 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Hello from London
Hi, I'm an American living in London, just settled permanently enough to become a newbie to hifi.
I've rather fortuitously assembled a basic eclectic system at low cost.
- A Pioneer PL-112D Turntable found on the street (with an Ortofon Pro cart/stylus)
- Technics SL-PS7 CD player that someone at work wanted me to throw away
- Marantz ST-48 tuner bought cheaply at a pawn shop
- Mordaunt-Short MS-A5000 160W amplifier graciously donated by a friend who just built a Class D 800W amplifier
- Two Mordaunt-Short 906i floorstanders bought on sale (Gale symphony 400 cable)
I'm no audiophile but I'm very happy playing vinyl, CDs, and FLAC through this system.
I must admit I joined because I saw someone had a manual for the ST-48 which I've been trying to find. But I look forward to learning from everyone here!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|hi from london||narcotiks||Introductions||2||9th November 2007 09:10 PM|
|hello from London UK!||matteroftaste||Introductions||2||3rd May 2007 05:37 PM|
|Hello from London, UK||Transmitter Man||Introductions||6||5th August 2004 12:38 PM|
|Hi from London||alcar||Introductions||5||3rd April 2004 01:13 PM|
|Hello from London||ebarker2||Introductions||2||5th June 2003 04:36 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|