A noob, with troubles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello diyaudio community. I have been reading alot of the posts lately and decided I should register, because this kind of help/knowledge/advice is hard to come by locally here.

I guess Ill just tell a little about myself, my name is Chris and I am just starting school for electronics engineering (trust me, I need it! haha) and I have a loving wife and one year old son.

I am not sure if this would be the place to put it or not, but I have been having some troubles with my Signal generator. It is an HP 654a test oscillator with option 24 (? ) and looking on my scope (tek 422) it looks like it is only putting out the lower half of the sine wave, and also the amplitude control doesnt do anything.
I just purchased this unit (locally here in vancouver) and I would like to get it into working order, to aid in the amp building and testing!
I know ' anatech ' is quite fond of these, and HP in general, maybe he could help, or anyone else that knows a little about this unit? And im also looking for the service manual too..haha.
Well thanks for letting me join the community!

regards, chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.