Hello from MA, USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What up! Electrical engineering student here in Mass looking to start up an audio OBSESSION pretty soon. I've been wanting to create my own amps and speaker enclosures for some time but I haven't actually built anything myself yet.. That has got to end.

I can probably build pretty much anything you throw at me but the problem is I don't really know much about audio design. Sure I can read schematics and things and build it but that isn't really all there is of course. I find i learn best by experimenting first hand though

SO here is my amp plan.
1) make the crappiest amp I can find a schematic for. Now I know what bad amps sound like..
2) Progressively build with more higher quality parts, etc and see for myself what the difference is
3) ...
4) bad-*** tube amp

Now at the same time I'd like to make the same kind of approach with speakers. Work my way up from bad to good to get a good understanding of design.

If anyone could suggest something really terrible for me to put together, it would be appreciated :)

Looking forward to asking a bazillion questions

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.