Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all from Pelican Rapids Minnesota. I'm joining through the recommendation of a friend and also wish to expand my knowledge on everything audio has to offer. Currently I'm hoping to build my own speaker and am looking to obtain advice on how to do it. I look forward to learning from you all. Peace

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello baird and Welcome to diyAudio.
There are many here that will help you on your journey to audio bliss. For some this journey takes years of trial and error, learning, reading, and making a mistake or two (dozen) - and believe me mistakes will be made (have a "plan B" close at hand). ;) My usual advice to those new is to get out while the getting is good!!! :clown: OR take a look at http://www.lampizator.eu/ to see some ways to get to audio bliss by saving untold years of trial and error, not to mention $$$$. :cheers:

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome guys. Great suggestion on the link c2cthomas, that guy has build some amazing equipment. If only I could listen to it. This speaker building project is going to be interesting but fun. I cannot wait to get something worth listening to, my DCM's just are not making the grade. My AKG k601 plugged into my sony TA-4650 v-fet will have to do for now. :violin:

Re: Thanks

baird said:
Thanks for the welcome guys. Great suggestion on the link c2cthomas, that guy has build some amazing equipment. If only I could listen to it. This speaker building project is going to be interesting but fun. I cannot wait to get something worth listening to, my DCM's just are not making the grade. My AKG k601 plugged into my sony TA-4650 v-fet will have to do for now. :violin:

You might want to check out this page too:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/

LOTS of tested drivers and complete systems using them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.