Hello from sunny california

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
What a great site this is. I have been hanging around a few months just checking things out.
Since this site has inspired me to try some new circuits I thought I might as well sign on.
I was in the auto sound biz for most of the ninties, got burnt out on stereo in general.
Then I saw the pass zen.(around 97) Built it and was instantly hooked. I heard a sound from that amp that I had not heard in many years. From that point I was hooked on DIY audio. Yes, that amp still works.
Due to a stroke of luck I was able to score many boxes of tubes and transformers. So I became interested in tubes.
Now I find that is my primary interest.
Current system is SV572-10 SE amp, 2 way speakers with Raven R2 and SEAS Excel 8 inch woofer sealed.
HK cd player.

My newest baby, drum roll please..
813 SE Ultralinear. Just got it working. Not sure of how much usable wattage but with 960 VP and 100 mA it sounds very solid and powerful. Time to design a chassis!
Santa

Attachments

• pica.jpg
    pica.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.