Hi my name is Hank, and I have a problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th March 2003, 03:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to HiggityHank
Talking Hi my name is Hank, and I have a problem

I'm rediculously addicted to Car Audio... It's been 10 minutes since I last drove my car, and I think I might drive again soon!

I really need a fine Home Audio system to keep myself here!

Basically I've been a CA competitor for a while now, with SPL scores in the mid 150's and some decent SQ scores. I'm a 21 year old... and really, Car Audio has been my only real experience with fabrication. Though I've done about 30-35 installs, none of them really seem to do what I'd like in the home environment. Since I'm not quite ready to build my own amps yet (soon I hope... but not yet) I'm sure you'll see a lot of me over on the Loudspeakers forum.

In closing... I really need a sponsor to keep me from installing again!

Hi folks!
Old 15th March 2003, 09:31 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Better than cards blurting on the spokes...

Hi Hank. Those certainly are high spl's. I read recently that someone measured a 6000hp Top Fuel engine at 164 dB at 1 metre. Wouldn't it be cool if you outfitted your car to produce race-motor sounds like that, and you could turn them on and off at the flick of a switch. It would certainly give the Saturday night street race crowd a surprise until they wised up to you!
Old 15th March 2003, 06:42 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to HiggityHank
Ahhhh the Saturday night crowd... While I've got nothing against crusing occasionally, I much prefer to keep my music at a responsible and respectable volume level. And though I do race, not on the street, and not with my daily driver. (It'd be awfully hard to race with at least 200 pounds of extra equipment in an automatic transmission 4 banger) I've got 2 other "fun" cars and my daily driver is the "show" car.

My miata is my AutoX car, and my Mitusbishi 3000GT VR4 is my track/touring car. Neither of them see the street that often, and when they do, it's kept to the speed limit.

While I have no problem endangering my life for a sport, cheap thirll, whathaveyou, I feel no need to endanger the lives of non-willing participants and innocent bystanders. Same thing applies to my car audio, people shouldn't be able to hear me 3 miles away because they probably don't want to hear it. (and I don't remember getting any money from them... They didn't pay for it, they don't get to listen to it! )

Wow... 2 days on the board and I'm already ranting... Those are just 2 things I feel very strongly about, and I'm quite upset when I hear of kids street racing and people getting hurt. They've got no business doing that on the street. It also upsets me when at 3am, in my rural area, I hear "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" coming down the street.

Damned kids need to learn some respect and responsibility. (Geez... ever since I turned 20, I sound like an old man)
Old 16th March 2003, 10:23 PM   #4
Jean is offline Jean  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Jean
I can't agree more with you! I am also into car audio and cars in general and nothing I hate more than another typical boombox on wheels at 12am.
Old 16th March 2003, 11:01 PM   #5
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
OHHH cmon what is wrong with a little extra shake to your bed at night time. But then again my nabours are going to love me when i start driveing this.

1.5 scale r.c car with weedeater engine. : O )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i-1.jpg (24.0 KB, 130 views)
Old 17th March 2003, 01:00 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

HiggityHank, I was only kidding really. It *is* pretty dumb to race on a public road. I wasn't suggesting you or anyone else do it, just idly suggesting you make your car artificially sound like it could.

Hide this!Advertise here!