Hi.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

After lurking on this forum and spending way too much time reading some very interesting threads, I decided I just had to register and try to contribute some stuff sometimes.

I'm 16, and live in Belgium. Due to my age I can't get any decent electronics (or advanced maths) classes at school (meh... highschool), so it takes quite a while for me to figure out the actual workings of amp circuits and all (if i even figure them out :cannotbe: ). Any recommendations in terms of books or so would be handy :D

As you could have already noticed, my main interest in DIY audio is in the amplifier field, mainly through to my global interest for electronics. Maybe I'll venture into The Great Unknown Art Of Loudspeakers (atleast for me at the moment, I don't know much about it).

I already finished a simple CMOY (as seen on headwize.com) headphone amp, I'll post some pictures of it in the solid state forum later on. It sounded ok to me... but ugh I feel that I need to build a new amp... and another and aaaaah! I think I catched the DIY audio bug :bigeyes:

And as a final note, excuse me if my english is sometimes lacking, languages aren't my strongest point.

Ah, back to reading... still alot of threads I haven't read, and quite a few interesting articles about opamps and other stuff I haven't read yet...

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi, daxy

Where both from a country where the first thing people ask
is: Do you speak Dutch or French?

So don't bother about English, everyone here is able to read about any kind of English that is spoken.

Passion for Amps.....Hmmmm..nice,
me too.
Try to learn maths if you want to understand them, this will keep you away from much frustration.

And let us know when you build something.

Welcome to the forum

/Hugo - loves all nice build amps.:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.