My story

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
hii for all...
i am 17 years old... i study in high school i dont learn electronics
because my grades is not good enough... all my knowledge is from destroy TVs AMPs ... and more.... and from to teach my self...
and i dont have money to buy all what i want... and i dont a professional Dj.... i jast a simple Dj.... and i want to tray things in electronics... and i love this form...
so if i say a foolishness is not in intentionally... it is because i dont now...

so...it is all...
tamir.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dj BASS AMP said:
hii for all...
i am 17 years old... i study in high school i dont learn electronics
because my grades is not good enough... all my knowledge is from destroy TVs AMPs ... and more.... and from to teach my self...
and i dont have money to buy all what i want... and i dont a professional Dj.... i jast a simple Dj.... and i want to tray things in electronics... and i love this form...
so if i say a foolishness is not in intentionally... it is because i dont now...

so...it is all...
tamir.

Highly appreciated, DJ

Hmmmm, 17 and so many plans; that’s great... but when I was 17
there were no 300 or 500 watt amps around, except for the very rich, maybe.
We like to have you around here; sometimes we laugh, sometimes we get confused. But I think you’re a fine guy!
Nothing wrong here. ;)

Now, your biggest wish, for the moment is high power, at least for an amp :devilr:
I suggest that you tell us what speakers you have. (If you have them.) Some Dj's rent their speakers.
If you can tell us the sensitivity of them, I’m sure someone will be able to calculate and find a schematic for a nice amp who's got enough power to make people dance on your music.
Remember 2 things: power has to be doubled to have only 3db more.
So if your speakers are 100db sensitive, (and speakers used in your sector can easily have more) which means that you get 100db out by putting 1Watt in. You get 125db with an 256 Watt amplifier. That’s a lot! If it’s still not enough, for 128db you need 512 Watts, for 131db, 1024Watts!!!
Crazy if you ask me.
Second: A good power-amp is expensive! No matter how you look at it. They have to withstand the 'Saturday nights' and after party’s, have to be reliable, and have to sound good and...and....

Try to figure out what speakers you have and also try to accept that your goal is set too high...for the moment.

/Hugo - will help DJ anytime if he lowers his powers :clown: a bit…

If you want to do electronics, I can give you the best advice I ever got: learn math. Work lots and lots of algebra problems. If math is effortless and second nature to you, you don't have to worry about it and can concentrate on the electronics. If math is a struggle for you, electronics will always be difficult and mysterious.

Best of luck to you and shalom, achaver.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
hii all
for netlist... my speakers is 4 - 300W 150RMS-8ohm

and 2 subs of 900W in 2 ohm.

i have good amplifiers...

the amp that i build (tray to build) ;) is not for my dj... it is for my self... i dont want to build a hard things... in israel it is hard to find alot of electronics parts...

and thanks for support from all of u...
tamir

That was a touching story, DJ… ;)

I got electronics in High School. I remember when in an exam, I got 100% correct answers/calculations while the rest of the class got 0%. But I got electronics knowledge from my childhood, by breaking electronics and electrical devices available at home.

The most unsuccessfull story is when I dis-assembled a camera, things jumped out from the device and I couldn’t fix it. I brought the camera to a reparation store, but the price was too expensive, so I throw the camera away. If I didn’t, my dad would have known that it was me breaking the camera.

About giving a foolish advices (or saying foolishness), my opinion is that it’s not a problem. Clever people know exactly how to take advices, they can even benefit from wrong advices or inputs. For un-knowledgable people, they may not be able to get benefit from expert’s advices anyway.

From anyone’s advices, we can get benefit from his experience, his intelligence (the ability to draw conclusions or how he sees things), or his knowledge (on electronics)... So it's just about human characters.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dj BASS AMP said:
hii all
the amp that i build (tray to build) ;) is not for my dj... it is for my self... i dont want to build a hard things... in israel it is hard to find alot of electronics parts...

and thanks for support from all of u...
tamir

Ok, you want to build an amp for your home system.
What speakers do you have at home? Or plan to have?
I assume, as a DJ, you want to go loud at home now and then,
to be able to listen how things will sound when you play "for real"?

Again try to post as much details as possible about your home speakers!
Elders will jump in and give you advice ;)

/Hugo

Math?

SY said:
If you want to do electronics, I can give you the best advice I ever got: learn math. Work lots and lots of algebra problems. If math is effortless and second nature to you, you don't have to worry about it and can concentrate on the electronics. If math is a struggle for you, electronics will always be difficult and mysterious.

Best of luck to you and shalom, achaver.

Sorry Sy, I strongly disagree. Math, do you need that for electronics? :xeye:
DJ from Israel buy the book "the Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. (Cambridge University Press) Study it day and night from page 1.:bigeyes:
:cool:
Elso/ Chemist into electronics form 11 years old;)

Re: Math?

Elso Kwak said:

Math, do you need that for electronics? :xeye:
DJ from Israel buy the book "the Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. (Cambridge University Press) Study it day and night from page 1.:bigeyes:
:cool:

Yes, Math is a lot more difficult. I've got advanced math and engineering knowledge. In electronics, you need only basic formulas and some readings and practicings.

Once you want to be a designer like Nelson Pass, then the time will come to study Math. Otherwise, you will spend your time studying Math and never understand electronics ;) ;)

Talking about breaking things

The most unsuccessfull story is when I dis-assembled a camera, things jumped out from the device and I couldn’t fix it. I brought the camera to a reparation store, but the price was too expensive, so I throw the camera away. If I didn’t, my dad would have known that it was me breaking the camera.

I also think that we learn a lot by breaking things. It takes some time to convert that into constructive work , I know .When I was small I used to dismantle every toy as soon as I got home. I had to find out how it worked. Of course I could never put it back , mainly because they were not made to be disassembled.
The end result was that my dad said "no more toys - if you want any toys make them yourself ". It put me on the DIY train from childhood. He's not around anymore but it really changed my life. I really am grateful for that - never knew how much it meant when it happend ( no more toys !).
So to all the young DIY'ers go ahead and break things to learn what it is all about. Don't blame me if you can't put it back together. Have fun ( and be good). That's what life is all about.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.