Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2003, 07:04 PM   #1
Account Disabled

Post My story

hii for all...
i am 17 years old... i study in high school i dont learn electronics
because my grades is not good enough... all my knowledge is from destroy TVs AMPs ... and more.... and from to teach my self...
and i dont have money to buy all what i want... and i dont a professional Dj.... i jast a simple Dj.... and i want to tray things in electronics... and i love this form...
so if i say a foolishness is not in intentionally... it is because i dont now...

so...it is all...
tamir.
Old 12th March 2003, 08:14 PM   #2
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Thumbs up This explains....? ;)

We all have to start from somewhere!

Just keep asking, and you usually get an answer.
(Not that all of them are any better than your questions...?)

Arne K
Old 12th March 2003, 08:14 PM   #3
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: My story

Quote:
Originally posted by Dj BASS AMP
hii for all...
i am 17 years old... i study in high school i dont learn electronics
because my grades is not good enough... all my knowledge is from destroy TVs AMPs ... and more.... and from to teach my self...
and i dont have money to buy all what i want... and i dont a professional Dj.... i jast a simple Dj.... and i want to tray things in electronics... and i love this form...
so if i say a foolishness is not in intentionally... it is because i dont now...

so...it is all...
tamir.

Highly appreciated, DJ

Hmmmm, 17 and so many plans; thatís great... but when I was 17
there were no 300 or 500 watt amps around, except for the very rich, maybe.
We like to have you around here; sometimes we laugh, sometimes we get confused. But I think youíre a fine guy!
Nothing wrong here.

Now, your biggest wish, for the moment is high power, at least for an amp
I suggest that you tell us what speakers you have. (If you have them.) Some Dj's rent their speakers.
If you can tell us the sensitivity of them, Iím sure someone will be able to calculate and find a schematic for a nice amp who's got enough power to make people dance on your music.
Remember 2 things: power has to be doubled to have only 3db more.
So if your speakers are 100db sensitive, (and speakers used in your sector can easily have more) which means that you get 100db out by putting 1Watt in. You get 125db with an 256 Watt amplifier. Thatís a lot! If itís still not enough, for 128db you need 512 Watts, for 131db, 1024Watts!!!
Crazy if you ask me.
Second: A good power-amp is expensive! No matter how you look at it. They have to withstand the 'Saturday nights' and after partyís, have to be reliable, and have to sound good and...and....

Try to figure out what speakers you have and also try to accept that your goal is set too high...for the moment.

/Hugo - will help DJ anytime if he lowers his powers a bitÖ
Old 12th March 2003, 08:26 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

If you want to do electronics, I can give you the best advice I ever got: learn math. Work lots and lots of algebra problems. If math is effortless and second nature to you, you don't have to worry about it and can concentrate on the electronics. If math is a struggle for you, electronics will always be difficult and mysterious.

Best of luck to you and shalom, achaver.
Old 12th March 2003, 08:39 PM   #5
Account Disabled

hii all
for netlist... my speakers is 4 - 300W 150RMS-8ohm

and 2 subs of 900W in 2 ohm.

i have good amplifiers...

the amp that i build (tray to build) is not for my dj... it is for my self... i dont want to build a hard things... in israel it is hard to find alot of electronics parts...

and thanks for support from all of u...
tamir
Old 12th March 2003, 08:42 PM   #6
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

That was a touching story, DJÖ

I got electronics in High School. I remember when in an exam, I got 100% correct answers/calculations while the rest of the class got 0%. But I got electronics knowledge from my childhood, by breaking electronics and electrical devices available at home.

The most unsuccessfull story is when I dis-assembled a camera, things jumped out from the device and I couldnít fix it. I brought the camera to a reparation store, but the price was too expensive, so I throw the camera away. If I didnít, my dad would have known that it was me breaking the camera.

About giving a foolish advices (or saying foolishness), my opinion is that itís not a problem. Clever people know exactly how to take advices, they can even benefit from wrong advices or inputs. For un-knowledgable people, they may not be able to get benefit from expertís advices anyway.

From anyoneís advices, we can get benefit from his experience, his intelligence (the ability to draw conclusions or how he sees things), or his knowledge (on electronics)... So it's just about human characters.
Old 12th March 2003, 08:47 PM   #7
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dj BASS AMP
hii all
the amp that i build (tray to build) is not for my dj... it is for my self... i dont want to build a hard things... in israel it is hard to find alot of electronics parts...

and thanks for support from all of u...
tamir
Ok, you want to build an amp for your home system.
What speakers do you have at home? Or plan to have?
I assume, as a DJ, you want to go loud at home now and then,
to be able to listen how things will sound when you play "for real"?

Again try to post as much details as possible about your home speakers!
Elders will jump in and give you advice

/Hugo
Old 12th March 2003, 08:58 PM   #8
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Default Math?

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
If you want to do electronics, I can give you the best advice I ever got: learn math. Work lots and lots of algebra problems. If math is effortless and second nature to you, you don't have to worry about it and can concentrate on the electronics. If math is a struggle for you, electronics will always be difficult and mysterious.

Best of luck to you and shalom, achaver.
Sorry Sy, I strongly disagree. Math, do you need that for electronics?
DJ from Israel buy the book "the Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. (Cambridge University Press) Study it day and night from page 1.

Elso/ Chemist into electronics form 11 years old
Old 12th March 2003, 09:15 PM   #9
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Math?

Quote:
Originally posted by Elso Kwak

Math, do you need that for electronics?
DJ from Israel buy the book "the Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. (Cambridge University Press) Study it day and night from page 1.

Yes, Math is a lot more difficult. I've got advanced math and engineering knowledge. In electronics, you need only basic formulas and some readings and practicings.

Once you want to be a designer like Nelson Pass, then the time will come to study Math. Otherwise, you will spend your time studying Math and never understand electronics
Old 12th March 2003, 09:36 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

DJ,

Of course the more you know the better, but if you can follow a schematic and learn the simple Ohm's law you are on track to build most any design posted on the web.

Welcome to the DIYaudio Forum, there are lost of guys here ready to help you around!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!