Hello from the north!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I've recently discovered the world of audio and I find it very interesting.
I study elecrticity at upper secondary school. So now i think i have the knowledge to build basic stuff.
Any tips of a simple yet good sounding amplifier, is the gainclone the way to go?

Hello GusIII, The gainclone design is a good place (relatively easy) to start your adventure in building a good sounding amp. But I think you will find that it is just the beginning of your adventures!:D The big problem with your question is defining "good" sounding. Whether something sounds good is entirely up to you. Of course, building it yourself and having it work will give you a level of satisfaction that will make it sound good. But then you will ask, how can I get better sound. That's how the adventure starts.
Welcome to the adventure and have fun!:) Remember, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Peace,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.