Introductions seem to be in order... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2003, 10:01 PM   #11
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default The kids are in town...

Welcome, uiyga and all the others.

When I was your age... Seriously, I had to make my mistakes on my own. With the help you can get from this forum, you should be off to a flying start.

You won't have had much of a chance to discover it yet, but it's amazing the help people will give you if they think you are already making an effort. Compare and contrast the following two questions:

"Could you design me a circuit to do something that I'm not quite sure about?"

"I worked out the resistor values for making an inverting op-amp with a gain of 3, but when I made it, the chip got hot and nothing came out. Can you help?"

If you're still at school you have access to facilities that are closed to most of us. You have access to physics labs and a mechanical workshop. Take advantage of these! I made my first two pick-up arms while I was at school. It took years before I could afford a lathe to make a replacement...
Old 5th March 2003, 02:30 AM   #12
uiyga is offline uiyga  United States
diyAudio Member

You're lucky Chris, our teachers give us no in-class opportunities to do our homework, and I have multiple hours a night, and I can't believe how annoying it is, stupid AP courses. Anyway, it seems my progress is limited to the weekends for now. Thanks again!

Nate
Old 5th March 2003, 07:25 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

hey,

oh, so youre a junior right? im a sophomore and they wont let me take ap classes yet. actually here i dont think juniors are supposed to either but its ok because im going to college next year anyways. ill have plenty of homework then im sure.

-chris
Old 5th March 2003, 07:14 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi Viyga

You May have found this site if not this is the Boot that I let you know about Try to get the paper back though cheaper mine I got for free from my local library just forgot to return it owell that was about ten years ago the book is just a basic starter so donít pay to much for it you mite lick to check the electric sock thread hear Some very good advise there be careful with that electric stuff is Lethal Have you had some thoughts on a project mite I suggest the gainclone amp again
Just type staring electronics in goggle to much to list hear

hears one for you but you will have to get the PSU & heatsink

Colin
[

[/URL]http://www.qkits.com/serv/qkits/diy/pages/QK106.asp[ http://www.qkits.com/serv/qkits/maplin/pages/AA93.asp
Old 11th March 2003, 06:06 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default About where to start...

I suggest that you print out and read the construction articles about the Zen amps at www.passdiy.com . They are very good for getting going, not too expensive; possible to scrounge lots of the parts.

The latest incarnation is the Zen IV. The transformer offered here FS: 300VA, 35-0-35 toroid transformer would probably work pretty well for a 2-channel version of that amp. The voltage is just right.

good luck, and have fun!

Hide this!Advertise here!