Murray the K's Disco on Wheels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all...
I'm totally excited that I stumbled across the site. Working in the non-profit theatre world, many many things end up being diy, for better or for worse. I think this is a great place to find inspiration and vent frustration with our diy equipment.
But the issue that lead me here in the first place: Murray the K's Disco on Wheels. Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? Basically, in the 70's, Murray the K franchised these units (not really on wheels, by the way...), and a patron of our theatre has donated it to us. I'm just trying to find out a little more information. About all I can find is an archived article from a 1973 New Yorker. Any help would be much appreciated!

And I can't wait to poke around in the forum.
Thanks,
Doug

Murray The K's Disco on Wheels

Hi Doug,
I have only just become aware of this website from a Google search of Murray The K's Disco on Wheels. I was pleasantly surprised to see a result returned, which led to your question. I can most certainly help you with information about these systems as I Designed them in 1976. The company selling them was Power Audio in Toms River, NJ. Murray's partner was a booking agent named Burt Tenzer in Manhattan. Murray's son, Keith Kaufman, was involved in promoting the systems with me in Boston at Franchise Trade shows. Andrea True, who had the Big #1 song in the country; "More More More" also promoted for us. The system you have probably was covered in yellow/gold carpet. If the original mixer is still in the console, those were all hand made by me. If you have pictures, I would Love to see them. I know this response is 4 Years late for your question, but I hope you see it. My business and passion has been in professional audio systems for nightclubs since 1975. We have been involved in over 500 accounts. Michael Conacchio at SOUND ENVIRONMENTS, LLC. SOUNDENV@AOL.COM

Hello all...
I'm totally excited that I stumbled across the site. Working in the non-profit theatre world, many many things end up being diy, for better or for worse. I think this is a great place to find inspiration and vent frustration with our diy equipment.
But the issue that lead me here in the first place: Murray the K's Disco on Wheels. Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? Basically, in the 70's, Murray the K franchised these units (not really on wheels, by the way...), and a patron of our theatre has donated it to us. I'm just trying to find out a little more information. About all I can find is an archived article from a 1973 New Yorker. Any help would be much appreciated!

And I can't wait to poke around in the forum.
Thanks,
Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.