transmission lines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am a new guy here from the uk.
Just undertaking my 4th project in building a T-line set up, consisting of 4 cabinets.
2 housing the 2 150mm bass drivers, and the the other 2 cabinets housing the mid and upper units.
Due to the similar nature of t-line and closed box, the smaller mid cabinets are of that design.
The project will take me probably a few years due to funds and the fact that the units have a total of 22drivers and use a three way active crossover.
I work as a furniture designer, and design (I say design, I have adapted an older design that I designed probably 10 years a go now) loudspeakers when I can. I have been working on this design for the last three years on paper/autocad/solidworks programming, changing and generally faffing with mainly the cosmetic side.
Anyway, I am not expert so, no doubt I will be asking a few questions along the way, pleased to meet you all:D :D
Graham

Hi Graham,

Although I am not by way of any official, as another Member, welcome to the Forum.

You will see that there is quite a bit of interest in TLs here, and there have been a few threads quite recently with various comments on TL designs, so hopefully you should feel at home here.

Regards,:)

Hi Graham,

Not sure about "perfect" ;) , but there is a lot more interest on this Forum than I had appreciated until I posted in a couple of TL-oriented threads a few days ago.

If you come across it, I referred to the fact that I have had an 'ultimate' TL design of my own on the drawing-board (drivers in stock, chipboard all cut) for well over 20 yrs.

I hope yours gets finished quicker than this.:)

Regards,

grahamfocal said:
she (the wife) has been very good I suppose, because when we move, and I have saved up my pocket money! she has given way to me getting pretty much what I want, hi-fi wise. she is a good egg :cool:

Oh, I can't complain about my wife either with all of the gear I usually have in the lounge, but my girlfriend, that's another matter!:hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.