Jordan Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a retired engineer who does woodwork as a hobby.
I have just built two Jordan transmission line speakers using Oak planks for the front, top, bottom and sides with MDF back and internal baffles. I purchased the drivers directly from Jordan's and I am amazed at the superb sound quality. The sound exceeds that of my small BBC monitor speakers.
I bought the oak as unplaned pieces of wood with bark on the edges and planed it to thickness using a thicknesser.
I am considering putting a grill over the drivers to keep my grandchildren's fingers out!
I mainly listen to orchestral music and choral music.

Attachments

• jordan 4a.jpg
    jordan 4a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 197
I use a pair of LS3/5as & love them but have a pair of Jordan JX92s for mounting - I was thinking of mounting in the LS3/5a boxes as a first test - this should give me a good basis for comparison between the two!

planet10, you say the Fonkens showed up the LS3s as boxy & coloured? Did your Jordans arrive yet?

Speaker cabinet

Thanks for your replies. The speaker cabinet was not too difficult to make. I used the dimensions given by Jordan but included two fillets at the change in direction of the line. I used biscuits to fix all the pieces together. This needed quite a ew cramps to hold it together while the epoxy wood glue dried. I will never be able to take them apart but I should not need to as the drivers are fitted from the front and the terminals from the rear. I include a photo showing how I fitted the front. to the oak sides, top and base.

Attachments

• jordan 2j.jpg
    jordan 2j.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 92
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.