I'm soooo glad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm so glad that I found this forum.

I'm a EE, with close to 30 years experience.

I was drawn to electronics because my father used to build Heatkit's audio products (remember those?), and I would help him.

Big vacuum tube jobs. Soldering to the chassis was performed with either a 150 watt Weller gun, or with a 100 watt screwdriver-sized soldering iron. I still remember fondly the smell of rosin.

Actually I'm a switchmode power supply designer, so normally I will be attracted to the class-D forum. However, from time to time, I may decide to post in the tube forum.

jacco vermeulen said:

Wonna bet ?

Fernando,
you can still change your mind before it's too late.
Within 2 weeks time you'll be checking this forum 10 times a day and start shaking if your last post shot was 6 hours ago.
EE? 30 years ? Never mind, wilkommen, bienvenue, Welcome.

2 weeks? No, it will happen sooner....:D

Most probably it's already too late...:D :D :D

Welcome Fernando!

whether it's stereo stuff, keeping an aquarium, playing go, etc. one of my friends accused me (after I concluded a rambling aside about one or another of the above) of the pursuit of excellence in hobbies.

I was somewhat taken aback.

But on the forum I can say to myself "No way. I'm normal. It's these guys on DIYAudio who are extreme."

Welcome to the forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.