New, in Santa Clara, CA, USA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess I signed up in August, but have only now gotten the proper motivation to start actually paying attention here. I'm psyched about burning amp later this month. I'm waiting to start my gainclone amp until after the event so I can have spoken with some people about it beforehand.

So far, I've only made my own speaker cables, from Chris VenHaus's design. Alas, I broke my amp before I had a chance to test them out. (when the speaker terminal stops turning, pliers are not the answer)

Decent excuse to get started on my own amp. I have a Sonic Super-T arriving shortly to tide me over. I figure I can have fun modding that once my gainclone is done. Whee.

Hey,

Sonic Super T-amp, huh? Is that the (15 watt per) one from Parts Express?
I bought the regular one with the built-in (pain in the ...) battery case. I used my first amp as a portable for my mp3 player, so that I could take it over to friends with portable spkrs and 7" Pyle LCD screen to play music while I show photos soted on Zen 30 gb mp3 or videos on same.
I love that little amp so much, that I planned an portable amplified speaker project: A 0.38 cubic foot cherrywood cabinet with the t-amp built inside it, with 2 sets of 12 volts worth of NiMH batteries. Then, I cut holes in the ready-to-cut baffle and put a component speaker combo of pyramid 5 1/4" with tweets; so that it's 2x 5 1/4" and 2 tweets to make stereo in the one cabinet. I bought a nice handle and rubber feet to finish it and I have the loudest and clearest little mp3 boom speaker box.
When I get a bit more sophisticated on this forum, I hope to post photos of some of my projects. I picture of the amplified apeaker would really do it justice...
Allright, talk atcha on the forums... Bdog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.