New, in Santa Clara, CA, USA - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the DIYaudio Community. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you better!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2007, 03:10 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New, in Santa Clara, CA, USA

I guess I signed up in August, but have only now gotten the proper motivation to start actually paying attention here. I'm psyched about burning amp later this month. I'm waiting to start my gainclone amp until after the event so I can have spoken with some people about it beforehand.

So far, I've only made my own speaker cables, from Chris VenHaus's design. Alas, I broke my amp before I had a chance to test them out. (when the speaker terminal stops turning, pliers are not the answer)

Decent excuse to get started on my own amp. I have a Sonic Super-T arriving shortly to tide me over. I figure I can have fun modding that once my gainclone is done. Whee.
Old 5th October 2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Billy and welcome (officially) to the forums.
Old 29th October 2007, 04:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hey,

Sonic Super T-amp, huh? Is that the (15 watt per) one from Parts Express?
I bought the regular one with the built-in (pain in the ...) battery case. I used my first amp as a portable for my mp3 player, so that I could take it over to friends with portable spkrs and 7" Pyle LCD screen to play music while I show photos soted on Zen 30 gb mp3 or videos on same.
I love that little amp so much, that I planned an portable amplified speaker project: A 0.38 cubic foot cherrywood cabinet with the t-amp built inside it, with 2 sets of 12 volts worth of NiMH batteries. Then, I cut holes in the ready-to-cut baffle and put a component speaker combo of pyramid 5 1/4" with tweets; so that it's 2x 5 1/4" and 2 tweets to make stereo in the one cabinet. I bought a nice handle and rubber feet to finish it and I have the loudest and clearest little mp3 boom speaker box.
When I get a bit more sophisticated on this forum, I hope to post photos of some of my projects. I picture of the amplified apeaker would really do it justice...
Allright, talk atcha on the forums... Bdog

Hide this!Advertise here!