Hello from Japan!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there!

I started building tube amplifiers when I was 15 years old more than 30 years ago but my interest almost died away for a long time when I got older, (I was working as a professional designer of RF circuits and didn't want to have a hobby that also involved circuit design).

However, I moved to Japan about 6 years ago and got interested in tube amplifiers again. Today I try not to build to much traditional circuits as I think it is a bit boring but instead I am trying some more uconventional ideas as OTL amps and DC coupled gain stages.

Living in Japan make it easy for me to get components for tube amps, everything is available here as transformers, high voltage caps tube sockets aso even if the prices are high sometimes.

When I moved here I didnt bring any equipment with me so I have bought almost everything new here.

It is wonderful to have a forum available like this, I really enjoy reading the postings even if the knowledge level varies quite a lot but even som guys with very limited knowledge seem to be reall trying and sometimes they also come up with some interesting useful stuff.

Regards Hans

http://www2.gol.com/users/tube/tubeamplifiersindex.html

Joined 2003
Paid Member
tubetvr said:

It is wonderful to have a forum available like this, I really enjoy reading the postings even if the knowledge level varies quite a lot but even som guys with very limited knowledge seem to be reall trying and sometimes they also come up with some interesting useful stuff.

Regards Hans

http://www2.gol.com/users/tube/tubeamplifiersindex.html

Hi, tubetvr

Welcome to this nice forum
Although I like tubes, I rarely use them
But their glow...waaawww

Everyone is pushing everyone to the limit here, that’s the best way to learn a lot IMO
Nice site you have, you should post some pictures in the
"Work of Art Thread". ;) ;)

Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.