Hello from Cleveland, Ohio, USA!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you have 3 great options in Cleveland Area -- Surplus Electronics on Broadway around 53rd St (make sure to lock your car), Fair Radio in Lima (you can make a day trip), and the Dayton Hamvention each year in May.

I always get scrap pcb material from Surplus E -- most of the solid state stuff I do is prototyped dead bug style on this.

btw, a real gem in N.E. Ohio is the newly opened Akron Museum.

Ah... a fellow clevelander. I'm in the eastern burbs

The electronic surplus on broadway shut down temporarily, lost there lease supposedly open somewhere else - for about a month was great with 50% off.

EDIT: Also, there is a great metal shop in Maple Heights where they'll shear/cut stuff to size, and light bending. Good prices

Thanks jackinnj!

I'm brand new to the Cleveland area, and I've been wondering where the local surplus stores were.

I've seen an article about the Akron Museum, and I can't wait to go...it's just been tough getting my schedule to align with my wife's for an entire afternoon. Isn't the way it always is?

I've been digging through the archives, this is an AMAZING resource!

Dave

traw said:
Ah... a fellow clevelander. I'm in the eastern burbs

The electronic surplus on broadway shut down temporarily, lost there lease supposedly open somewhere else - for about a month was great with 50% off.

EDIT: Also, there is a great metal shop in Maple Heights where they'll shear/cut stuff to size, and light bending. Good prices

I've been shopping there since they were on Bolivar.

That's the second time it's happened. Mind you ES is in the worst real estate zip code in the U.S. --

Next time it happens let me know -- I've been getting out to Cleveland every couple of weeks.

Hi Dave,
I live in Lakewood near Lakewood Park.
I use to work at WIXY-1260, WDOK, WVIZ and WCLZ.
Now about surplus stores:
Is Electronic Surplus operating then? The web page is still up http://www.electronicsurplus.com/ They must also have problems getting new surplus to sell. In olden times they got their stock from A/B, Picker, Reliance, Gould/Brush, Keithley and others. But now these companies are either no longer in Cleveland or not building electronic stuff here.
Fair Radio is a 3 hour drive. My sons in-laws live in Lima, so he gets there every few weeks, but the store is usually closed evenings and weekends.
Philcap Electronics. http://www.philcap.com/acc_mgmt.php 275 E. Market St., Akron OH. No surplus and not cheap but they have lots of DIY stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.