Hello

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. New here and new to the hobby. I am interested in building an amp for my 12" woofers on my surround sound unit. Can I build one that goes after the surround sound and before the speaker? I am new so give me a break. Just kick me in the right direction and I will do lots of reading.

Thanks

The chipamp I had in mind is more of a semi-complete power amplifier that only needs a few external components to make a complete amp. These however does not provide the power necessary for subwoofers but they will perform very well with smaller speakers and give you a good insight in amplifiers and how they work. After that you can build bigger amps with discrete semiconductors.

One chipamp I have tried myself is the LM3886 that you will find tons of information about here on the forum. I think it's a great little amplifier with plenty of power for small speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.