Welcome from NC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey-

Been lurking for sometime, time to become a member. Nice of you guys to include a Introductions space.

I am a long time audioholic, starting in the 70s, first selling audio equipment, then getting an electronics degree to work in audio, only to get sidetracked for the next 30 years working on computers and eventually in IT infrastructure services.

Longtime 70's Yamaha CR receiver fan (CR-1020 is my main rx), still have my JBL 4311b monitors which I love, still love my Polk SDA-CRS+s, and recently have gotten into 70s Marantz 22xx models which I have bought 3 so far to refurbish. Great old warm sound and cool blue looks!

Recent projects include recapping a pair of Dynaco A-25s, found a nice pair of AR-92s at a yard sale for $15 (just refoamed), but my big project is trying to breath new life into a old pair of Radio Shack (yes)Nova-8s my dad gave me - I replaced all the drivers with Philips drivers back in the early 80s, but now want to improve them. They sound pretty good now, but I would like to redesign the crossover, and add a port.
I feel a post about this coming real soon :)

brooks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.